- Provide leadership and initiate partnerships which foster health information literacy and access to information.
- Serve as liaison to faculty and KUMC partners seeking health information and health information literacy instruction.
- Work with community partners to develop programs for our surrounding neighborhoods.
- Participate with statewide agencies and organizations to address health priorities identified in Kansas.
- Assist people in the creation and use of human and information networks to improve health literacy and health outcomes.
- Function as the Kansas Resource Library for the MidContinental Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- Support Kansas librarians and health information professionals in their use of emerging technologies to connect with patrons and one another.
- Promote the use of NLM resources and services.
Our Products and Services
- Reliable health information for patients.
- Health information literacy instruction and promotional materials (primarily MedlinePlus and other NLM products). Sessions can be tailored for librarians, health care providers, teachers, student groups (all ages), patients.
- Participation on community organization boards or committees.
- Exhibiting at conferences.
Outreach Team Contacts
Mar 04, 2013