Intellectual Property Use and Protection Plan
Create an awareness of copyright and intellectual property issues while obtaining, delivering and developing systems to support acceptable use and dissemination of information.
- Support open access publishing and the "scholarly communication" national initiatives.
- Collect, feature and curate KUMC scholarship and data to make KUMC scholarship available to a wide audience.
- Provide interlibrary loan and document delivery services.
- Secure and track copyright permissions.
- Review and revise all contracts/licenses for electronic resources for compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, favorable patron use, and State of Kansas statutes.
- Provide information for faculty and students that articulates their rights in retaining intellectual property and in utilizing others' intellectual property.
Dec 03, 2012